Welcome. To the right (and below) you will see the most recently added items from each of the 6 categories:
- Rules: Items will display grammar rules.
- Text: Items that display text.
- Images: Items that display images.
- Grammar: Exercises that are related to grammar.
- Vocabulary: Exercises that will help to build and memorize vocabulary.
- Theme: Exercises related to a given topic/theme.
Adverbs modify adjectives, verbs, and other adverbs. An adverb answers how, when, or where.
- I am driving slowly.
- How am I driving? slowly
- I went to the movies yesterday.
- When did I go to the movies? yesterday
- I put the chair upstairs.
- Where did I put the chair? upstairs
Pronouns are small words that take the place of a noun. We can use a pronoun instead of a noun.
- Personal pronouns:
I, me, you, he, him, she, her...
- Demonstrative pronouns:
this, that, these, those
- Possessive pronouns:
mine, yours, his...
- Interrogative pronouns:
who, what, which...
- Reflexive pronouns:
myself, yourself, himself...
- Indefinite Pronouns:
another, much, nobody, few, such...
- Relative pronouns:
who, whom, which...
Prepositions are used to show place, time, direction etc.
- She left before breakfast.
- He was born on January 2.
- Divide the drinks between the two of you.
- It is a container for chemicals.
Adjectives are words that describe nouns or pronouns.
They may come before or after the word they describe.
- This is a large building.
- That building is large.
Verbs - (udsagnsord)
are words that show action:
(runs, hits, slides,...) (handlingsverber).
- They talked all night
- He ran around the block
or state of being:
(is, are, was,...).(tilstandsverber)
- You are my friend
- She looks sad
Verbs are words that tell us what a subject does or is.
Nouns are words that refers to a person, place, thing or abstract idea. A noun can tell you who or what.
Uncountable Nouns( cannot be counted ):
- Countable nouns( with singular and plural form ):
- one book, two books - one apple, two apples...
Common Nouns( category of people, places, things or ideas ):
- water, information, coffee, money, milk, furniture...
Proper Nouns( specific person, place, thing or organization ):
- John, Mary, Ford, Sony, England, London, January...